Researchers have found that to make instruction more
- Begin a lesson stating the objectives.
- Do a quick review of previous learning.
- Present new material in small steps, have students practice after each step.
- Give clear and detailed instruction and explanations.
- Provide a lot of practice.
- Check for understanding.
- Provide feedback and corrections.
This does take time, but you will notice an increase in students' understanding. So, it is worth the effort.
Please share this blog with colleagues and friends.
If you haven't already, consider becoming a "Follower".
Also, take a look at my book: