Translate

Monday, May 21, 2012

Daily Assignment #111: Sarcasm

I did it again.  I'm late in posting this email.  My excuse---I forgot to do it.  My apologizes to those who were looking for my blog earlier.  


Sarcasm is a "sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt, usually conveyed through irony or understatement".  It is usually demeaning and cruel and has no place in a classroom.  Teachers using sarcasm usually consider it a humorous and witty way to engage or reprimand a student or class.  However, sarcasm creates a negative interaction and environment.  Students may react with an inappropriate response, which usually leads to negative consequences by the teacher.  There will always be one or more students who are worried that they might become the teachers next target for sarcasm.  Again, don't use sarcasm in class, it hurts even if you don't think so. 


Please share this link with colleagues and friends.
Best Effort,
Linda103






No comments:

Post a Comment